We want your feedback! The next generation of Mastercam, named Mastercam 2018, is open for Public Beta testing to all currently maintained Mastercam customers. The Beta release can be downloaded here and will be supported through the Customer Forum, which is staffed with CNC applications engineers, posts writers, technical support, software developers, and QC engineers. As we collect feedback and make changes, we’ll make further updates available via the forum.
Here are just a few of the things you’ll see in the Mastercam 2018 Beta:
- New Optimized Interface organizes and streamlines your programming. Based on the successful “Ribbon” interface, Mastercam 2018 capitalizes on your experience with other Windows software making it easier to find the functions you need to complete your tasks.
- Dynamic Motion advances bring new options to our groundbreaking technique delivering toolpaths that are more efficient, less complex, travel a shorter distance and improve cycle time.
- Expanded CAD for CAM delivers more practical design tools for shop-floor programmers. Mastercam 2018 speeds design for items such as molds and electrode tools, offers auto-repair on imported solids and improves current tools such as Solid Disassemble.
- Powerful Multiaxis and Mill-Turn enhancements.
- Streamlined workflow with improved plane management, level and geometry control, toolpath analysis and much more.
- ..and many other productivity improvements across the entire product.
Beta Updates and Known Issues
We are looking to release a new public beta approximately once a month. Known issues, updated bug fixes, and other details will be delivered when you install the current Mastercam 2018 Beta and through the Mastercam forum.
Mastercam 2018 requires a 64-bit versions of Windows 7, 8.x or 10. To see a full list of system requirements, please visit our requirements page. Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS also requires SOLIDWORKS 2014 or later (not included in the download). A valid license of SOLIDWORKS is available through authorized SOLIDWORKS resellers.
Mastercam 2018 Public Beta provided as a part of an early access program. Although it has been extensively tested, it is not yet released and we cannot guarantee it for use in a production environment. Please use at your own risk.