Mastercam and Mastercam For SOLIDWORKS® Public Beta Release
We want your feedback! The next generation of Mastercam, named Mastercam 2018, is open for Public Beta testing to all currently maintained Mastercam customers. The Beta release can be downloaded here and will be supported through the Customer Forum, which is staffed with CNC applications engineers, posts writers, technical support, software developers, and QC engineers. As we collect feedback and make changes, we’ll make further updates available via the forum.
Here are just a few of the things you’ll see in the Mastercam 2018 Beta:
- New 2D/3D Milling Features improve toolpath efficiency and control with variable stock to leave, feed rate control, undercut support, and stock awareness enhancements.
- Design Improvements simplify CAD for CAM and deliver greater practical design tools for shop-floor programmers. Mastercam 2018 provides improved model creation tools, expanded Undo support, and streamlines editing of models and assemblies.
- Powerful Turning and Mill-Turn enhancements to Dynamic Lathe, simulation, tailstock, and toolpath and chip control.
- Machine Cloud and Sandvik Coromant CoroPlus support improves tool management, creation, and use of tool assemblies and parameters.
- Streamlined workflow with improved plane management, level and geometry control, toolpath analysis and much more.
- ..and many other productivity improvements across the entire product.
Beta Updates and Known Issues
We are looking to release a new public beta approximately once a month. Known issues, updated bug fixes, and other details will be delivered when you install the current Mastercam 2018 Beta and through the Mastercam forum.
Mastercam 2018 requires a 64-bit versions of Windows 7, 8.x or 10. To see a full list of system requirements, please visit our requirements page. Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS also requires SOLIDWORKS 2014 or later (not included in the download). A valid license of SOLIDWORKS is available through authorized SOLIDWORKS resellers.
Mastercam 2018 Public Beta provided as a part of an early access program. Although it has been extensively tested, it is not yet released and we cannot guarantee it for use in a production environment. Please use at your own risk.